Current Job Openings
Temporary Graphics Illustrator II
Employer: ADC Management Services, Inc
Location: USGS Denver Federal Center – Lakewood, CO Lakewood
Pay: $23.10 per hr. with additional $4.27 hr. Health & Welfare and Paid Holidays
Hours: : 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
How to Apply: Please submit Resumes in Word or PDF format only to email@example.com Be sure to include Graphics Illustrator in the subject line. No phone calls or walk-ins accepted
The U.S. Geological Survey, Energy Resources Program, has a requirement for computer drafting/illustrating using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop services. The work shall be performed for the Central Energy Resources Team, at the Denver Federal Center in Denver, Colorado.
The Successful Candidate will work with USGS scientists to:
- Produce Illustrator files in paper and digital format from materials supplied by the Project Chief. Typical files will be Illustrator files containing well logs of several types, graphics of measured stratigraphic sections and core descriptions, and graphics of maps, sections, graphs, and charts for digital publications.
- Create graphs, charts, maps, schematics and multi-dimensional drawings for use in technical reports. Produce Photoshop files of graphics supplied by Project Chief. Typical files will be annotated photographs from measured sections in the field, core photographs, and satellite images and data with similar formats.
- Produce large-format posters for display at national and international meetings and briefings using Illustrator Files and Photoshop files.
- Archive files and projects according to methodology.
Specific duties would include;
- Drafting legacy figures and publications in Adobe Illustrator.
- Working with Adobe Illustrator files from various geo-spatial software packages (primarily ESRI).
- Standardizing figures.
- Posters and digital files to meet USGS publication standards.
- Laying out figures, tables and text in Adobe InDesign.
- Creating figures, text and images for MS PowerPoint presentations.
- Assisting other users of Adobe products.
Part-Time Armed Security officer - USGS EROS Data Center
Employer: ADC Management Services, Inc
Location: USGS EROS Data Center - Sioux Falls, SD Sioux Falls
Pay: $13.98 hr. with 10 percent shift differential (6PM – 6am)
Hours: Part-time: 20-30 hrs. per week and 401k savings plan.
How to Apply: Please submit resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to include PT Guard in the subject line. No phone calls or walk-ins accepted.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass an extensive criminal/financial background check.
- Must be a US citizen
- Must pass a physical and drug screen (company paid)
- Must complete First Aid/CPR/AED certification (company paid)
- Able to obtain a concealed weapons permit(reimbursable)
- Must be able to complete 40 hrs. on the job training.
- Must pass a weapons qualification course (completed during 40 hr. training)
- DISQUALIFICATION DUE TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
We are currently looking for part-time (with the potential for future full-time employment) armed security officer(s) in the Sioux Falls area.
Job Duties: Description of job duties/work hrs. will be provided during first interview.
Employer: ADC Managment Services
Location: Department of Interior - USGS Flagstaff Library Flagstaff
Pay: $14.20hr. Paid benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Paid Holidays and 401k.
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
How to Apply: Please submit Resumes in Word or PDF format as an attachment. Include Library Aide/Clerk in the subject line. NO phone calls accepted.
Excellent customer service skills, good verbal and written communications skills, and attention to detail. Ability to work cooperatively with library staff in a team environment.
Basic understanding of USGS mission, products, and information resources Experience with commonly used software productivity packages (MS-Office, e-mail) Experience with scanning equipment sufficient to create image and pdf files Knowledge of computers and library database usage. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop, bend and lift heavy books Must be able to lift records boxes Required: High School Diploma and 1 year of experience an integrated library or digital library repository system.
Experience includes equivalent combination of education and/or experience in an integrated library or digital library repository system.
The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) Libraries Program in Flagstaff, Arizona seeks a Library Aide/Clerk for circulation desk coverage for the USGS scientific field records collection. The services shall support the library's overall objectives to USGS scientists and the public. The required services to be provided include:
Access services, scientific reference research and instructional outreach, and cataloging and collection management. The services in this contract shall support the library’s overall objectives in providing timely service for the processing, circulation, and delivery of scientific materials and information.
The USGS Library makes materials widely available for use through circulation, Interlibrary Loan, and document delivery services. The library circulates materials to USGS employees across the country and delivers electronic works on request via e-mail and secure websites. Requests and transaction workflows for circulation are performed using the library's Horizon integrated library system. The circulation desk maintains organized collections and serves as primary point of contact for the Reston library for both on-site library patrons and off-site customers. Activities are performed under the guidelines for the USGS Library system and any locally developed procedures at the Clarence King Library. Duties: Monitors circulation desk and public areas for patrons seeking library assistance. Is visible and responsive, providing high-quality customer service in an efficient timely manner. Loans USGS Library materials to USGS employees and USGS business partners Maintains well organized and orderly library collections. Keeps library areas orderly and in good working order ensuring continuity in delivery of services Preferred: Knowledge of Library software including Horizon Integrated Library System and various scanning and productivity software for creation of digital materials.